For new moms, it can be upsetting and frightening to have feelings about motherhood that just do not seem to feel “right.”
Postpartum and antenatal mood disorders like depression, anxiety, and OCD are the most common complication of pregnancy, yet, are the most under-treated. It is my mission to make that a thing of the past-no woman should ever have to feel bewildered, frightened, and alone, again.
Together, you and I will review your symptoms and come up with the best possible treatment plan to get you back to feeling like yourself again.
Therapists who have extensive education and training in post-partum disorders understand that hormone changes, personal and family history, and several other factors all play a role in the development of these issues.
Common postpartum symptoms include:
- Feeling overwhelmed and wondering if you should have become a mother in the first place
- Feeling guilty due to high self-expectations
- Not feeling “bonded” with the baby
- Your thoughts are racing and you can’t quiet your mind
- Feeling empty and numb as if you’re just going through the motions
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Being afraid that if you reach out for help, others will judge your inabilities
- Thoughts of running away or leaving your baby behind
- Being constantly in a state of worry
If one or more of the above symptoms resonates with you, reach out today for a free consultation. Together, we’ll find the underlying issues that make you feel disconnected from your baby, and create a strategy for moving forward.