Is anxiety making you feel as though your life is veering out of control? Does it feel like you cannot control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it to be ineffective?
If this sounds like something you identify with , I am confident that I can be of great assistance in this process. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, it is helpful to know that it is not you-it is just an overtaxed nervous system—-and that is where I come in. Together, we will pinpoint the areas of your body that store these emotions, engage in autonomic nervous system regulation, and address the thoughts and symptoms that are produced as a result of this process.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder,reach out today so we can schedule an appointment.